PADI – Emergency First Responder (EFR)
First Aid and CPR course
Emergency First Responder course is the scuba divers choice for first aid and CPR training, but it not just for divers, as anyone can enrol on this useful first aid course and learn the basics of lifesaving. You will learn primary care skills and secondary care skills for the injured or unwell, with a licence to perform CPR valid for 2 years it is good to add to your CV too.
Who can Enrol?
Emergency First Responder course is available to divers and no divers alike. This versatile first aid course gives you the skills to become a life safer and work place medic as its valuable to know how to respond to emergencies, whether at home or work or in a traffic accident.
What you learn
- BLS (Basic Life Support) CPR and rescue breathing at the layperson level
- AED (automated external defibrillator) use (optional)
- Preventing and caring for shock
- Spinal injury management
- Use of barriers to reduce disease transmission risk
- Basic first aid: Illness & Injury Assessment, Bandaging, Management of fractures & dislocations, and first aid kit considerations