PADI Open Water Diver Course
Learn to scuba dive on Koh Tao
Why not take advantage of the amazing prices abundant and diverse aquatic marine life and highly experienced dive instructors and learn to dive by taking the PADI Open Water Diver course on Koh Tao Thailand￼
How long does Open Water take?
The course is performance based and not time based. Usually the open water course can be completed comfortably within 4 days with days split with video sessions, class sessions, confined shallow water training and two dive trips. However sometime it takes longer, we do not charge for extra sessions if you need it.
By the end of the Open Water course you will become a confident adept and skilled certified open water diver, whom will be licensed to scuba dive worldwide to a depth of 18m.
Open water diver course schedule
- 14:45 Register for course.
- 15:00 Meet instructor and plan course time table, receive library open water manual, assigned self study objectives, watch PADI open water training videos.
Day 2 –
- 08:00 Theory session I
- 10:00 Pool scuba session
- 16:00 Video session II
- 09:00 Theory session II￼￼
- Dive planning & exam
- 12:00 2 Dive scuba boat trip
- 17:00 Return
- 07:00 2 Dive scuba boat trip
- 12:00 Return
- 13:00 Log scuba dives, receive certification
During the course you will get to;
- Attend two classroom theory sessions.
- Learn to snorkel, and skin dive.
- Learn scuba skills in shallow water usually inside our
purpose built scuba diver training pool
- Complete 4 scuba dives in open water from between 20-50 mins each (depends on air supply)
Included in the course ;
- Standard scuba equipment rental (tank/wet-suit/regulator/weight system/BCD/snorkel/mask)
- Transportation / free transfers
- Instruction fees and certification
- Open water manual and dive planner
- PADI Elite Instructor￼
- Any additional training session you may need to get you to succeed.
Who can take the PADI open water course?
PADI open water diver course is open to 10 year olds + (although children under 16 will be certified as junior open water divers). And should be medically fit for scuba diving activities. Please refer to our scuba fitness page for more information.
Our emphasis is upon diver safety, and so we ensure your open water class is small no more than 4 students in class, so that you get full attention from our instructors. Although we can accommodate large parties who wish to learn together by utilising additional staff.
Experienced and caring staff
Our staff have dived on Koh Tao a minimum of 3 years. We have over 1500 diver certifications between us over 15 years of diving. We pride ourselves on our customer service skills, and aim to deliver the scuba course you dream of.
If you need extra sessions to overcome any difficulties either with theory or scuba skills our instructors will give you extra sessions to help you achieve your goals
- You will get free transfers to and from ferry.
- Free scuba diving insurance during and beyond your course
- Free dive computer usage for all dives